Vegetarian tostadas with refried beans is an easy 10 minute meal that is healthy, delicious, and filling.Jump to Recipe
Vegetarian tostada recipe
Sometimes I’ll be sitting there, all angry and moody, and realize I missed lunch. Hangry… hungry and angry. With three wild kids, it’s easy to forget to slow down and feed yourself!
Got ten minutes to spare? Okay, good! We’re going to make these BOMB vegetarian tostadas- and they are going to knock your socks off! You can never go wrong with a meal that includes fixings like olives, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeños!
Anything with a corn tortilla deserves all my affection. I have never been one to turn down a taco, tostada, or fluata. This recipe was made even easier by using store bought tostadas, but I’ll walk you through how to make them with regular corn tortillas in case you can’t find them at the store.
Ten minutes, endless toppings, and it’s healthy! Not to mention, it’s actually fun to make because it’s so simple yet colorful and delicious! You can do this!
Vegetarian tostadas ingredients
- Tostadas OR corn tortillas
- Refried beans
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Cojita cheese
- Black olives
- Sour cream
- No tostadas? No problem! Make tostadas by baking corn tortillas!
- Make this recipe vegan by skipping the sour cream and cheese or opt for a vegan based sour cream like a cashew sour cream.
- Make this recipe ahead of time by chopping the vegetables and storing them in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to make your own tostadas
What you need
- Corn tortillas
- Baking sheet
- Oil (coconut, vegetable, or canola)
- Pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use a pastry brush to brush the oil onto the front and back of the corn tortillas.
- Place the corn tortillas in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the corn tortillas for 5 minutes, then flip them and bake for 5-10 more minutes, until they are crispy like chips.
- Remove them from the oven and finish making your tostadas!
How to make vegetarian tostadas
- Make the tostadas. If you cannot find tostadas at your local grocery store, make then with corn tortillas.
- Heat the refried beans. Empty the can of refried beans into a small pot over medium heat. Every brand of refried beans tastes differently, so if it is bland, go ahead and add a pinch of chili, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Add the fixings. Chop the cilantro, jalapeño, tomatoes, olives, avocados, and limes. Add a little of each ingredient to your tostadas. Top with sour cream and serve! Mangia!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- I’ve Been Accepted!
- Easy Pomodoro Sauce
- Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Easy 5 Minute Smoothie Bowl
Vegetarian Refried Bean Tostadas
Vegetarian tostadas with refried beans is an easy 10 minute meal that is healthy, delicious, and filling.
- 6 corn tostadas
- 1 20 oz can of refried beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes diced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/2 red onion
- cojita cheese
- black olives
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- sour cream (optional)
Prepare the tostadas. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Lay the tostadas on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm them up. See recipe notes if you need to make tostadas from scratch.
Warm up the refried beans. Empty the can of refried beans in a glass microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. If the refried beans are tasteless, add a squeeze of lime, and a pinch of cumin, chili, and salt.
Prepare the fixings. Chop the cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeño, and olives. Crumble the cheese. Place the tostada on a plate, slather on some refried beans, and top with all the prepapred fixings. Mangia!
To make corn tostadas:
- Corn tortillas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use a pastry brush to brush the oil onto the front and back of the corn tortillas.
Place the corn tortillas in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the corn tortillas for 5 minutes, then flip them and bake for 5-10 more minutes, until they are crispy like chips.
Remove them from the oven and finish making your tostadas!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!