This Mushroom Stroganoff is creamy, flavorful, and hearty, without the meat! This easy dish can be made in under 30 minutes.Jump to Recipe
Easy Mushroom Stronganoff
Sometimes, I forget how much I love vegetarian meals. I always revert back to the same lame thinking “it’s not going to be as filling,” but then I throw down something fierce in the kitchen, and it smacks!
This creamy, hearty, and meatless mushroom stroganoff was at the top of my list when it comes to fall comfort foods. Savory mushrooms are sautéd in butter to a delectable tenderness, then the sauce is built up right there in the pan. A splash of white wine, sour cream, dijon mustard (a personal favorite) is added to to the mushrooms, allowing the flavors to marry. Are you drooling yet?
While we’re thinking about vegetarian fall meals, whip these easy blender Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheesecakes for a treat! Maybe you are still in transition from summer to fall. No worries, Vegetarian Pesto Pasta with Artichoke Hearts is packed with that summertime freshness.
I am totally in that weird transition right now where I am embracing all the fall stuff with open arms, but am trying so hard to stay present in the little summer we have left. I bounce back and forth between fall and summer meals. It may be 97 degrees out, baby, but we’re having chicken and dumplings!
Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
What ingredients do I need for mushroom stroganoff?
- Cremini mushrooms
- Vegetable broth
- White wine
- Sour cream
- Dijon mustard
- Corn starch
- Egg noodles
Tips for making 30 minute stroganoff
- Buy sliced mushrooms to make your prep time even faster.
- mise en place- “set up,” have everything measured out and ready to use to make things move more fluid in the kitchen.
- Use full-fat sour cream.
How to make creamy mushroom stroganoff
- Boil a pot of water to cook noodles in. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium cast iron pan, melt butter over medium heat. Finely dice an onion and a few cloves of garlic, then toss in with the melted butter. Saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt over the onions. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan, and stir to combine. Saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the pan, stirring to help some of it evaporate. Add the vegetable broth, sour cream, dijon mustard, and dill. Whisk with a fork to blend it well. Let the sauce come to a light boil, then add a little cornstarch to the pan while whisking with a fork. This will help the sauce thicken up.
- Grab a bowl, fill it with some egg noodles, and serve with your new favorite creamy mushroom stroganoff sauce. Kiss the chef!
Other Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Easy Stove Top Parmesan Creamed Corn
- Parmesan Potato Au Gratin
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Pop Tarts
- Turkey Brine
- Herbs To Keep Chickens Healthy
30 Minute Vegetarian Mushroom Strongaoff
Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff
This easy 30 minute vegetarian meal is packed with savory mushrooms and lots of flavor. Creamy stroganoff sauce is drizzled over egg noodles, creamy the perfect warm bowl of yum!
- 1 8 oz package of cermini mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 TBS dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 package of egg noodles
Boil a pot of water and cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles when ready, and set to side.
In a medium cast iron pan, melt butter over medium heat. Finely chop the onion and garlic and add it to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes. Add salt, and stir in the mushrooms. Saute for another 3-5 minutes.
Add wine to the pan. Stir to help the wine evaporate. Add vegetable broth, sour cream, dijon mustard, and the dill to the pan. Whisk with a fork to fully incorporate. Bring the pan to a light boil, then whisk in cornstarch. Allow the pan sauce to thicken to your liking.
Serve by grabbing a big bowl of noodles, and top with mushroom stroganoff sauce. Mangia!