Unstuffed Pepper Skillet with Ground beef is seasoned perfectly with your favorite Mexican spices, white rice, and crunchy bell peppers. This easy one-pan meal is ready for the family to enjoy in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
It all starts with a super chaotic day full of my Irish twins fist fighting and telling on each other. My nerves are shot, I’m tired, and making dinner is my last concern.
Even with a meal plan, I slip sometimes. There was no meat thawed out and ready to be cooked. Take out was not an option. Ground beef unstuffed pepper skillet was there to save the day!
With ingredients I already had thanks to my Perfect Pantry checklist (subscribe via email and receive the checklist!), I had plenty of workable ingredients on hand.
One Pan meals save lives. Ok, that’s dramatic, but they do save my sanity, time, and dishes, so that’s almost the same.
Cast Iron Stuffed Pepper Skillet
What ingredients do I need to make stuffed pepper skillet?
- ground beef
- bell peppers
- crushed tomatoes
Tips for making unstuffed pepper skillet
- Use a good quality rice. Rice that gets mushy is not welcomed for this dish! Uncle Ben’s rice is a great option that is easy to find in any grocery store.
- Use different color bell peppers. Eat the rainbow! We eat with our eyes and nose before we taste. Make this dish beautiful by using a couple of different colored peppers!
- Substitute beef for ground turkey or chicken. Ground beef can be gamey tasting to some, so an easy substitute is ground turkey or chicken. These both have very light flavors and will absorb the taste of the spices very well.
Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
Seriously though, who knows how to even eat stuffed peppers? Do you just like.. open your mouth and attack? Hack it with a knife until it resembles a skillet meal? Who knows. That’s why this was broken down and made easier- so you can enjoy all the flavors of stuffed peppers, without the mess.
What is unstuffed pepper skillet?
Unstuffed peppers with ground beef and rice is an easy to make one pan meal. Using ground beef, the tomato base of the meal is enhanced with delicious Mexican spices. Paprika, cumin, chili, salt, and freshly cracked pepper all bring out the tanginess of the crushed tomatoes, while the rice boils in it! Throw in some diced peppers in the last few minutes of cooking to preserve their crunchiness, and you have yourself a quick family meal!
Ground Beef and Pepper Skillet
How to make Unstuffed Pepper Skillet?
- In a medium sized cast iron pan, cook ground beef over medium heat until it is well done.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic cloves to the pan, and sautee for 2 minutes. Add the spices and mix well.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add rice to the pot, stir, then simmer and cover. Cook until rice is done according to package instructions.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the bell peppers the pan.
- Once the rice is done, remove from heat, fluff the rice, and serve with cheese, cilantro, and avocados. Mangia!
Other ground beef recipes:
- Korean Ground Beef Rice Bowls
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas
- Classic Goulash
- Quick Asain Beef Ramen Noodles
More Backyard Bohemian Classics:
- This Beef Stroganoff is made with simple, healthy ingredients that provide the most creamy and delicious dish. Slow cooking the beef chuck roast in with the flavors gives maximum flavor, and easy clean up! Meet your new favorite comfort meal!
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken is tossed with a delectable, tangy sauce and pan roasted cashews. Lemongrass, ginger, and turmeric give this dish a gut healthy, anti inflammatory twist with a delicious bite!
- This One Pan Bacon and Dijon Mustard Chicken is so packed with flavor using only 1o simple ingredients and 30 minutes. Easy to prepare ahead of time, this dish is hearty, warming, and so simple. This recipe results in a moist chicken breasts, crispy bacon bits, and a delicious sauce, making this a new family hit!
- This Easy Loaded Vegetable Pot Pie has all the flavor of Mom’s creamy classic dish, without the meat! With white beans, potatoes, peas, corn, green beans, carrots, celery, and herbs, this dish will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
- Chicken and dumplings is a classic that is made even easier with this recipe! Rotisserie chicken and store bought stock make this recipe easy to make in thirty minutes!
Healthy Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet With Ground Beef
Unstuffed Pepper Skillet with Ground beef is seasoned perfectly with your favorite Mexican spices, white rice, and crunchy bell peppers. This easy one-pan meal is ready for the family to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
In a medium skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat. Chop the garlic and onion finely, then add to the pan when the ground beef is mostly cooked through. Sautee for another 2 minutes.
Add the chili, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pan. Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and rice to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring pan to a light boil.
Reduce the pan to a simmer, then cover, and cook rice according to package cooking time. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, dice the bell peppers and add to the pan.
When the rice is finished cooking, remove from heat. Serve with avocados, cheese, and cilantro. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!