a perfect sunday brunch
I really have never been a huge fan of eggs in the morning. Or any other time, actually. There is nothing more bland than a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I love the nutrition eggs provide, but I was willing to eat about anything else besides eggs. This crustless quiche was an awesome breakfast that really has depths of flavor. This was so simple to make, it would be so easy to make for a weekend crowd pleaser!
Smoked Salmon and Vegetable Crustless Quiche
Prep time:10 min
Cook time:45 min
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, green parts only, sliced
- 6 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, diced
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 2 TBS fresh dill
- 10 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
1. Grease a pie pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat cast iron to medium heat, add coconut oil and let pan heat up. When pan is hot, add garlic and onion, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add leeks, asparagus, and fennel. Lower heat to medium low. Let cook for 8 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, crack 10 eggs and whisk. Add salt and fresh dill, whisk.
4. Remove cast iron from heat, flake in smoked salmon. Put mixture in pie pan.
5. Gently pour egg mixture into pie pan over the vegetables.
6. Put quiche in oven and bake for 45 minutes.