Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts is easily made in one pan in under thirty minutes. Crispy, crunchy, and juicy!Jump to Recipe
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken is such a family favorite. It’s hard to get sick of chicken because it goes so well in so many dishes. Did I mention that the kids licked their plates?
This dish is a classic staple in our house, and it will be in your’s, too! Chicken tenders are breaded with parmesan cheese, Italian bread crumbs, a few seasonings, and pan fried in a skillet.
My favorite part of this meal is the thick breading on the chicken cutlet that is fried to pure perfection crispiness! Meanwhile, the chicken is still tender and juicy! All this flavor in under 30 minutes!
Pair this crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken meal with a white wine pesto sauce or a red wine pasta sauce! Roasted vegetables with thyme, white wine and lemon roasted artichokes, or honey balsamic beets are perfect side dishes!
Easy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Parmesan Chicken Ingredients:
- chicken tenders
- parmesan cheese
- Italian breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
Tips to make 30 minute parmesan chicken
- Use a blender to break up the parmesan cheese. I use shredded parmesan cheese and blend it until it’s fine like the breadcrumb consistency.
- Dip the chicken in the whisked eggs. Hold the chicken over the bowl and let the excess egg run off it.
- Pack the breadcrumbs on the chicken. This is how you get the super crispy, crunchy, thick breading. Use your fingers to really push on the breadcrumbs to help it stick.
- Use coconut oil for a healthier frying option. You can use vegetable oil if that’s what you have on hand, but my favorite healthier option is coconut oil.
Healthy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This 30 minute meal is simple, quick, and just down right delicious! Here are the easy steps to make this parmesan chicken dinner.
How to make one pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Heat oil over medium heat in the pan. This is my first step before anything else, that way, the oil is ready for frying when the chicken is breaded.
- Break down the parmesan cheese in a blender. The parmesan cheese needs to be ground finely so it blends nicely with the breadcrumbs.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. Then mix in the salt, pepper, parsley, and flour.
- Crack and whisk the eggs. Do this in a separate dish from the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs. Then hover the chicken over the bowl and allow the excess egg to run off it quickly.
- Dip the chicken in the parmesan bread crumb mixture. Pack it on with your fingers to really help the bread crumbs adhere to the egg and chicken.
- Place the parmesan crusted chicken in the hot frying oil. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a paper towel. This will help to absorb the oil from the chicken.
Easy Pan Fried Parmesan Chicken
Can you freeze parmesan chicken?
You can absolutely freeze parmesan chicken! First, cool the chicken down in the fridge for a couple hours. Next, place the parmesan chicken in the freezer in a single layer. After they are frozen, you can place them in a zip lock bag or your favorite air tight container.
How to reheat parmesan breaded chicken?
To reheat the parmesan breaded chicken, simply set the oven to 350 ° F. If the chicken is coming from the freezer, heat for 20 minutes. If the chicken is from the fridge, reheat for 10 minutes.
More Chicken ideas
More Backyard Bohemian Classics:
- Frijol Con Puerco (Mexican Pork and Beans)
- Deep Fried Neapolitan Pizza
- Banana Foster French Toast
- Pesce al Sale (Salt-Crusted Fish)
- 5 Minute Caprese Stuffed Avocados
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts is easily made in one pan in under thirty minutes. Crispy, crunchy, and juicy!
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
In a medium pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
In a medium sized bowl, crack eggs and set to the side.
Pour parmesan cheese into a food processor and blend until it is very fine. Place the cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and flour in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
Working with one strip of chicken at a time, dunk it in the egg. Hold the chicken over the bowl and allow the excess egg to drip off. Place the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture and press the chicken into it. Flip the chicken and press it into the breadcrumbs so each side is coated.
Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry on each side for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan once it's done cooking, and place on a paper towel on a plate.
Serve with your favorite sauce, pesto, or on top of a salad. Mangia!