Fluffy buttermilk pancakes and every topping you can dream of! This pancake breakfast board is such a fun brunch idea!Jump to Recipe
Pancake Party Ideas
You know your day is going to be great when they start with fluffy buttermilk pancakes 4 ways! My dear friend Hannah forever changed the pancake game when she introduced me to pancake parties!
She gathers her kids in the kitchen, pours the batter into individual bowls and lets her kids grab all the fruit, sprinkles, extracts and other toppings from the cupboard.
Everyone designs their own pancakes and brings them to the griddle to cook. While this idea was created with kids in mind, I as an adult was thoroughly enjoying this pancake party.
The fun of this pancake breakfast board is that is can be geared towards any age with a few ingredient swop outs. Whether you are making this into a brunch board, a healthy kid-friendly breakfast, or a romantic good morning, this will be a dish to remember!
Ingredients to build a brunch board
- Mixing bowl
- Platter/serving tray
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
How to assemble a breakfast board
- Mise en place. Wash all your fruits, measure out your pancake ingredients, and have everything in place on the counter.
- Make the pancakes. While you are making the pancakes, preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Place a baking sheet in the oven and add the pancakes to it once they are done cooking. This will keep them warm while you are preparing everything else.
- Cook the bacon. While the pancakes are cooking, make the bacon and cook to your liking.
- Build the board. Add your pancakes to the board, then start filling in the gaps with small bowls filled with your favorite toppings. Add the cut fruit to the board. Place in the middle of the table and grab the maple syrup!
- Serve. Let everyone grab their favorite pancakes and toppings and serve themselves. Mangia!
How to serve this for Mother’s Day
Get creative and serve Momma a pancake board for a perfect Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch! Here are a few great ideas to pamper your special mom!
- Grab Mom a hot coffee and let her kick back and watch the fun go down! Give Dad and kids a spatula and let them get to work!
- Serve with fresh orange juice (or even better- mimosas!). Fresh squeezed orange juice is delicious by itself, but I recommend a healthy splash of Brut champagne!
- Add fresh flowers to the table. Seriously, a fresh bouquet of flowers really does spruce up space AND gives Momma something to smile about!
- Serve her first. Moms always fix their plates last, after all the kids have sat down with their plates. Let Mom get first dibs on these delicious pancakes!
- Play some fun background music. Cooking and music go hand in hand. Play some of her favorite tunes while you whip up some pancakes with the kids!
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Fluffy Cannoli Stuffed Pancakes
- Crab Stuffed Manicotti with Alfredo Sauce
- Grilled Italian Sausage and Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas
- Roasted Italian Vegetables with Parmesan Polenta
Pancake Breakfast Board
Fluffy buttermilk pancakes and every topping you can dream of! This pancake breakfast board is such a fun brunch idea!
- 1 batch of buttermilk pancakes
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 grapefruit sliced
- 1/2 lb grapes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
Make the pancakes and bacon. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and place a baking sheet in there. Cook the bacon until your liking and place in the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm. Make the pancakes and place them in the oven when they are done.
Prepare the fruit. Wash and slice the fruit. Put desired toppings in small bowls.
Build the board. Place the pancaked on the serving platter first. Place the serving bowls with toppings around the platter. Add fruit into the gaps. Top with powdered sugar. Serve in the middle of your dining table and add maple syrup. Mangia!