This easy 15 minute vegetarian dish is made is one pot with a pillowy gnocchi. A simple parmesan cream sauce brings together the kale, white beans, and gnocchi with an added pinch of sage.Jump to Recipe
Creamy one pot gnocchi
Winter and creamy meals just belong together. It’s not winter here, nor will it really ever be since I’m in sunny Florida, but I like to pretend it is while all my Christmas lights twinkle in the background.
Pillowy potato gnocchi really deserves more attention. It’s so easy to whip up, takes the flavor of basically anything with ease, and is so filling.
This 15 minute meal starts with some melted butter, a little flour, a bit of vegetable broth, heavy cream, and loads of parmesan cheese.
The simple parmesan sauce is so creamy and thick! It encases each and every gnocchi and really sticks to it.
White beans and kale go together beautifully and really elevate this vegetarian meal like you’ve never seen!
Did I mention that the parmesan actually stuck to the gnocchi and crisped?! Ya’ll! That’s some serious flavor right there.
What I like best about this meal is that is was made in one pot with 15 minutes on the clock! I know it’s hard to believe, but the longest step is allowing the gnocchi to cook, which is about 5 minutes.
The less time in your kitchen means more time… folding laundry.. or .. putting out the metaphorical fires my toddlers have started in the 5 seconds I’ve had my back turned.
Vegetarian One Pot Gnocchi
Ingredients for 15 minute gnocchi
- Vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- White beans
Tips to make gnocchi in one pot
- Make a roux. Melt some butter, then add the flour. When the liquid is added, the roux will easily incorporate without flour clumps being an issue.
- Rip the kale. No need for a knife in this recipe! We’re here to make this already easy 15 minute dinner more of a breeze. Just rip the kale to small bites instead of dirtying up a knife.
- Cook the gnocchi for about 2-3 more minutes than what the package instructions call for. Since this is a one pan dish and the gnocchi will not be boiled, it will take a little longer to cook. Add on a few extra minutes to the cook time to make sure the gnocchi is light and fluffy like it should be.
- Layer the pot. First, make the sauce, then add the gnocchi in a single layer, then add the beans. Resist the urge to stir it. Top with the kale, then put a lid on the pot. Do not stir for about 3 minutes.
15 Minute One Pan Gnocchi
Can I make this dish ahead?
This ultra creamy parmesan sauce made from scratch sure is delicious right off the stove, but if you are looking to make it ahead of time, just add 1/4 of a cup of extra vegetable broth. This will ensure that when you reheat this dish, the sauce will not dry up.
How long does this gnocchi dish stay good in the fridge for
For leftovers, place them in a glass dish with an air tight lid for 3-4 days. To reheat, just pop in the microwave for a minute or two, or heat in the oven at 350 ° F for 10 minutes.
Can you freeze gnocchi
Here’s the thing, fresh gnocchi is so easy to freeze and totally do-able! This recipe calls for prepackaged gnocchi, hence why this dish only takes 15 minutes to make. If you want to make this dish totally from scratch, go ahead and make a batch of potato gnocchi from scratch and freeze whatever you do not use.
What is gnocchi
Gnocchi is an Italian inspired version of potato dumplings. They are fluffy, pillowy, and absorbs flavors very easily. They cook within 2-5 minutes and are a great filler for a dish. For a healthier version, some are making gnocchi with cauliflower from scratch!
One Pot Parmesan Gnocchi
What goes with gnocchi
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- 2 Ingredient Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Crispy Chicken In White Wine Pan Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan Salmon and Pasta
- Pumpkin Spice English Muffins
- Chicken Bone Broth
Easy One Pot Gnocchi
One Pot Gnocchi With Parmesan Cream Sauce
This easy 15 minute vegetarian dish is made is one pot with a pillowy gnocchi. A simple parmesan cream sauce brings together the kale, white beans, and gnocchi with an added pinch of sage.
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 TBS fresh sage
- 4 TBS flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 15 oz can of white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1 17.6 oz package of gnocchi
In a large pot that has a matching lid melt the butter. Add the sage and let it saute for 2 minutes. Add the flour and stir until it is incorporated.
Add the vegetable broth, half and half and parmesan cheese. Bring to a light boil and continue stirring until the cheese is melted and the liquid has thickened (about 3-5 minutes).
Add the gnocchi to the pan and spread so they are in a single layer. Add the white beans on top of the gnocchi, do not stir. Add kale to the pan. Place the lid on the pot and let everything cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, stir well and serve immediately. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!