Summertime calls for fresh tasting dinners that are quick to make- so you can head back in the pool! Fresh peaches and bourbon make a slightly sweet and light glaze that is easily plated in 30 minutes!
Bourbon Peach Glazed Chicken
As I mozy around the Palafox Market, a light coastal breeze picks up a fruity hint and carries it by my face. I turn my head to the nearest booth and am greeted with a shot of vibrant orange, the visual as sweet as the smell. Peaches have made their way back into season here in the coastal South, and I couldn’t turn down their juicing, tantalizing tenderness.
Examining each peach in the basket gives me a glimpse of all the potential they hold. Their juicy sweetness can be harness in so many ways, or redirected into a complimenting flavor, depending on what you pair it with. My first thought- let’s play with some bourbon!
I thought about creating this recipe the whole way home, eager to fire up my cast iron and see what comes about. This meal easily comes together in thirty minutes, with the extra helpful step of throwing all the ingredients (except chicken) in a blender to later reduce. This saves extra heat in the kitchen, time, and allows you to get back to all that summertime fun.
Easy Peach and Whiskey Chicken
With easy and healthy meals made simple like this, you can enjoy more family time, more summertime, and more health. This easy dinner has simple, healthy ingredients to provide the freshest flavors and nutrition.
What is the difference between whiskey and bourbon?
Any kind of bourbon is a whiskey, but not all whiskeys are classified as bourbons. Bourbon is regulated under American law and has strict guidelines to decipher between bourbon and whiskey.
Bourbon is exclusively distilled with 51% corn, making it slightly sweet tasting. Whiskeys are distilled with rye or barley, which do not provide an underlying sweetness.
Legally, there cannot be any additives in whiskey in order to classify it as a bourbon. The only thing that can be added to bourbon is water, which can be added to lower the proof. Whiskey can contain additives like caramel coloring or flavors.
So, in short, bourbon in a cleaner, sweeter, more regulated version of whiskey. There- now you know!
How to thicken the sauce
Sun-ripened, juicy peaches are a great base for a glaze/sauce, but what if they are too juicy? If the sauce hasn’t reduced after 15 minutes to your desired consistency, start by adding 1 TBS of flour at a time to the pan, stirring to fully combine.
Easy One Pan Chicken Recipe
How to make One Pan Bourbon and Peach Chicken
- First, slice the chicken breasts in half, so they are 1/2 inch thick. Heat a splash of olive oil over medium heat in a medium sized pan. Toss a little salt and pepper on the chicken breasts, then sear them for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they are browned.
- Remove and discard the pits in the peaches. Toss peaches, honey, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, apple cider vinegar, and bourbon into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the peach puree to the pan, and bring it to a light boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add the chicken back, and let it reduce for 10 minutes. Add flour for extra thickness. Mangia!
Other peach and chicken recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Breasts With Spicy Peach Glaze
- Rosemary Peach Chicken in a White Wine Pan Sauce
- Whiskey Peach Smoked Pulled Chicken
- Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet
Backyard Bohemian Chicken Recipes:
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Chicken is a simple and satisfying meal that comes together in a half hour or less. With butter and creamy lemon sauce, this seared chicken recipe is satisfying for the whole family!
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken is tossed with a delectable, tangy sauce and pan roasted cashews. Lemongrass, ginger, and turmeric give this dish a gut healthy, anti inflammatory twist with a delicious bite!
One Pan Bacon and Dijon Mustard Chicken is so packed with flavor using only 1o simple ingredients and 30 minutes. Easy to prepare ahead of time, this dish is hearty, warming, and so simple. This recipe results in a moist chicken breast, crispy bacon bits, and a delicious sauce, making this a new family hit!
One Pan Bourbon and Peach Chicken
One Pan Bourbon and Peach Chicken
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 5 peaches
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 4 TBS bourbon
- Optional: 1 TBS flour (to thicken sauce)
In a medium sized pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Cut chicken breasts in half so they are 1/2 in thick. Season with salt and pepper, then add to the heated pan. Sear chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Remove chicken from the pan, and set to the side.
Cut peaches in half, remove and discard the pit. Place the peaches in a blender. Add honey, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, apple cider vinegar, and bourbon and blend until smooth. Add the peach mix to the pan and bring to a light boil.
Reduce the pan to a simmer, and add chicken back to the pan, allowing to cook for 10 more minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to desired consistency.
Add flour to the sauce and stir to combine if you want a thicker sauce. Mangia!