This easy, creamy cake batter ice cream is prepared in minutes and is the perfect frozen summertime treat!Jump to Recipe
Copycat Cold Stone cake batter ice cream
When I came home on mid-tour leave from Afghanistan, I took my daughter, Ava, out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. She was only a year old and hadn’t seen me in months, but bonding over delicious, creamy ice cream was everything I had pictured.
I plopped her in her stroller and fed her scoops of creamy cake batter ice cream as she smeared it all over her cute chubby face. One bite for you, three for me. I’ve never been one to turn down a sweet treat, but my gosh! This ice cream was just so smooth and creamy!
Cold Stone cake batter ice cream is super creamy, sugary, and just downright delicious. The endless toppings make the ice creams even more fun! My personal favorite is the cake batter ice cream with gummy bears!
This copycat Cold Stone cake batter ice cream recipe is so easy, it takes only a coupe of minutes to throw together! Since we are using sweetened condensed milk, there is no need to heat up milk and dissolving sugar. Simple combine all the ingredients, stir, and freeze!
This recipe is super fun to make because you can choose which fun toppings you want to add to your cake batter ice cream! Sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles ( or Jimmies, if your a Bostonian), gummy bears, the possibilities are endless!
Cake batter ice cream ingredients
- Sweetened condensed milk– Using a can of sweetened condensed milk makes this recipe fast since there is no need to heat milk and dissolve sugar on a stovetop.
- Heavy cream– Using chilled heavy cream will add the fat the ice cream needs for it to be creamy and have the right consistency. It also helps slow down melting by stabilizing the air bubbles.
- Milk- Whole milk or any kind of nut milk will thin this icecream out to the perfect texture.
- Cake flour– Look for a cake flour mixture that you know if super flavorful. Butter or vanilla cake flours are best for this recipe.
- Sprinkles– Rainbow, chocolate or any kind of sprinkles will make this icecream super cute!
- Vanilla extract
- Cook the cake flour. Raw flour can contain bacteria, so spread the amount of flour you will be using for this recipe on a baking sheet and bake it at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream. You can use a whisk and some arm power is you are up to the task!
- Use a yellow cake mix. The combination of yellow cake and vanilla extract is incredible!
How to make the Cold Stone cake batter ice cream recipe
- Bake the flour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cake flour on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Flour is raw and can make you sick if consumed raw. Do not skip this step.
- Whip the heavy cream. Pour the heavy cream into a stand mixer and whip on the medium low setting. Whip for about 5-10 minutes, until still peaks form.
- Stir the ingredients. Stir in the cake batter, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk until it is combined well.
- Freeze the ice cream. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and allow it to freeze for 2-4 hours.
More cold treats
- Frozen hibiscus lemonade is made with fresh squeezed lemons, hibiscus tea, and lots of ice! This icy and delicious drink takes lemonade up a notch and tastes just like summer!
- Mango and Tajin paletas are a perfect combination of Mexico’s classic sweet and spicy flavor mixture. Juicy, fresh mango are pureed, then combined with spicy tajin and frozen into Mexican paletas, or popsicles.
- Take a trip to Mexico with this delicious pineapple peach agua fresca. This lightly sweetened and fruity drink is so refreshing and non alcoholic!
- This Blueberry Vegan Ice Cream has only bananas, blueberries, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. All you need is a blender and 5 minutes to make this creamy, sweet, sugar free, ice cream.
- This 10 ingredient No Bake Layered Vegan Cheesecake has a smooth, delicious taste with hints of raspberry and vanilla. The chocolate crust compliments the fruity tones, making this healthy treat an absolute must try!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- Fluffy Cannoli Stuffed Pancakes
- Crab Stuffed Manicotti with Alfredo Sauce
- Grilled Italian Sausage and Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas
- Roasted Italian Vegetables with Parmesan Polenta
No Churn Cake Batter Ice Cream
This easy, creamy cake batter ice cream is prepared in minutes and is the perfect frozen summertime treat!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup Pilsbury Classic Yellow Moist Supreme Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles optional
Bake the flour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour the cake flour on to a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. It is important to cook the flour to prevent E.coli.
Whip the heavy cream. Attach the whisk attachment to a stand mixer. Whip the heavy cream for about 10 minutes until stiff peaks form.
Combine the ingredients. Use a rubber spatula and fold in the cake flour, milk, salt, vanilla extract, sprinkles, and sweetened condensed milk. Combine the ingredients well until there are no streaks of flour.
Freeze the ice cream. Pour the ice cream into a loaf pan and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Serve with more sprinkles and your favorite kind of cone. Mangia!