Without fail, these meatballs never produce enough for leftovers. They are just THAT good! Best part about these? There are two vegetables hidden in these! Pair these with some pasta, or throw then in a bun to make some sliders; either way, they will amaze you!
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS ground flax seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 20 pearl mozzarella balls
*Serve with some Better Than Nona’s Sauce for an amazing, authentic Italian taste!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, finely chop up the carrot, garlic, and de-seeded pepper. Put the chopped vegetables in a strainer, lightly salt, and let sit for 5 minutes. The pepper and carrot will produce a good amount of liquid that needs to be drained.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flax seed, egg, and salt. Whisk until combined. Add panko crumbs to the bowl, and stir. Add in vegetables and turkey, and fold until well combines.
4. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of ground turkey mixture, and flatten to a patty shape. Add a mozzarella ball to the center, and shape into a meatball. Make sure the meat is well packed around the cheese, or it will seep out in the oven.
5. Once the meatballs are made, place the pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve up with some delicious home made sauce! Enjoy!