Mini Blueberry pancake bites are made with creamy buttermilk for an extra fluffy texture. A refined sugar-free lemon drizzle adds the perfect zing to this delicious breakfast!Jump to Recipe
Mini Pancake Muffins
Pancakes are always a hit in my house. Sop up the delicious 100% pure Vermont maple syrup that we always have stocked in our fridge! My husband has gotten ridiculously good at making pancakes… like I’m not even sure he’s human at this point. No human should be capable of such perfect pancakes!
I always have my three kids begging at my feet to help out in the kitchen, and I can’t help but do the internal cringe that every mother knows too well- especially when it involves a mess batter.
These mini pancakes were an easy fix to the pancake debacle. Now the kids can grab a tablespoon measure and help me make these! No mess, no burnt pancakes, and best of all, they have a sense of accomplishment for helping mom in the kitchen. Win- win.
Want to kick the fun up a notch in your kitchen with the kids? Let them decide on the toppings, and decorate the pancakes themselves! This will keep them busy and quiet for at least 5 minutes so you can guzzle your coffee in peace! A dream only a mother can appreciate!
These mini blueberry pancakes were so easy to make! Buttermilk helps make these pancakes extra fluffy, and borderline irresistible! Did I mention they are refined sugar free?! NO SUGAR! Honey is the only sweetener used in this recipe, so it gives it the perfect light sweetness.
Healthy Pancake Bites
Ingredients to make Mini Pancakes:
- Baking Powder
- Frozen Blueberries
- Coconut Oil
- Lemon Juice
Tips to make Mini Blueberry Muffin Pancakes
- Use a room temperature egg. This helps maintain a consistent temperature, encourage rising while baking, and mixes easier with the batter.
- Melt the butter. This will help the butter incorporate in the batter easier.
- Oil the muffin pan with coconut oil before pouring the batter. This will help ensure the pancakes will not stick.
- Once the batter is made, let it rest for a few minutes. This will help the batter rise.
Mini Pancake Bites
How to make Healthy Mini Blueberry Pancake Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. In a medium bowl, sift flour , salt, and baking powder.
- Melt butter, then add to the bowl. Add eggs, honey, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Stir until everything is incorporated, but no not over mix. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Oil the muffin pan with a little coconut oil. Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out the batter into the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Make the lemon drizzle by combining lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, milk, and a coconut oil. Mix well, then drizzle on the mini pancakes. Mangia!
Mini Buttermilk Pancake Muffin Bites
Can you freeze these mini pancakes?
Yes! Let them cool to room temperature, then place them in the freezer in a single layer. Once they are frozen, you can toss them in an airtight bag for prolonged storage. When you are ready to eat them, preheat the oven to 350 ° F and cook for 10-15 minutes. Do not freeze the lemon drizzle.
How to tell if the pancake bites are done cooking?
I found that the pancake bites needed closer to 15 minutes to bake. Each stove heats differently, so you may need more or less time. The tops will not get golden brown, they will remain a pale batter color, so go ahead and test one out. If you bite it in half and it is still dense, it will need a few more minutes.
More Breakfast Ideas
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Hot Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- Grilled Carne Asada Kabobs
- Creamy Shrimp and bacon Scampi
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Toaster Strudels
- Frozen Hibiscus Lemonade
Easy and Healthy 30 Min Mini Pancakes
Mini Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Mini Blueberry pancake bites are made with creamy buttermilk for an extra fluffy texture. A refined sugar-free lemon drizzle adds the perfect zing to this delicious breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 TBS honey
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
For the Lemon Drizzle
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Melt butter. Add to the bowl. Add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and honey. Stir just enough to incorporate. Fold in the frozen blueberries.
Let the batter rest for a few minutes. Grease the muffin pan with a little coconut oil. Using a tablespoon, measure out a heaping spoon full in each muffin mold. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
While the pancakes are baking, combine coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, and pinch of salt. Mix until well combined. Drizzle on the pancakes when they are ready to be eaten. Mangia!