This one skillet Loaded Breakfast Scramble has heaps of spinach, eggs and sausage to give you the best flavors and nutrients the morning has to offer! Sun dried tomatoes and paprika sets this recipe aside from the rest!Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe
Healthy Breakfast Scramble
I cannot contain my love for one pan meals. Doing dishes makes me angry. I cannot stand having to stand there scrubbing dishes when I would much rather be doing what my husband calls “skitter bug” things. Heads up- it’s basically me in full fledged lunatic mode with a cleaning rag in hand.
It’s no surprise the only thing I feel like doing (other than finding that once warm coffee I placed somewhere throughout the house…) is making super simple breakfasts for the little minions. I also risk the chance of my toddlers losing their minds and throwing their meals that their beloved mother made from scratch onto the floor…with zero remorse.
There is one thing that is certain in the house. The kids love eggs. Scrambled, fried, boiled, it doesn’t matter, they will eat it. Breakfast scramble with sausage is taken up a notch by sneaking heaps of spinach and diced bell peppers. I’m all for sneaking in vegetables when you can!
Skillet Scramble with Sausage
Sausage and Egg Scramble ingredients:
- 10 eggs
- Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage
- bell pepper
- sun dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
Tips to make an easy breakfast scramble:
- Start by searing the sausage. This seasons the pan, gives the sausage a nice crunch, and gives you time to prepare the next step- the eggs.
- Rough chop the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. It doesn’t have to be super finely chopped since it will wilt while it cooks with the eggs.
- Don’t forget the milk. Adding milk to eggs makes them fluffy and flavorful!
- Save the arugula for last. Use to arugula to top off the dish, adding a little bit of color and peppery flavor!
Healthy egg scramble with sausage
More delicious Breakfast ideas:
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Chorizo and Shrimp Quesadillas with Margarita Guacamole
- Vegetable Stir Fry
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet
- Loaded Vegetable Fajita Bowl
- Autumn Harvest Sangria
Sausage and Egg Scramble Recipe
Loaded Breakfast Scramble
This one skillet Loaded Breakfast Scramble has heaps of spinach, eggs and sausage to give you the best flavors and nutrients the morning has to offer! Sun dried tomatoes and paprika sets this recipe aside from the rest!
- 4 Aidells Chicken and Apple sausages sliced to 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup spinach rough chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped to bite size pieces
- 1 TBS sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Toss in just a pinch of oil if it needs it. Add the sausage to the pan and sear on each side for 3-5 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl, crack the eggs and discard the shells. Add the milk, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and bell pepper. Whisk well to combine.
Remove the sausage from the pan and place to the side. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, and begin to break up to egg with a spatula. Continue cooking and pushing the egg around the pan until there is there is no more runny and under cooked egg left.
Add the sausage back to the pan, top with arugula, and serve! Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!