Italian Summer Melon and Cheese Board is the perfect lunch for those hot days! Juicy melons and mozzarella, burrata, and mascarpone cheese makes this board irresistible!Jump to Recipe
Italian melon and cheese board
Summertime entertainment is my time to shine! Using fresh, seasonal ingredients makes dishes pop, and this cheeseboard is proof! Fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, and herbs are cut into fun shapes and sizes for easy eating and entertaining.
Cheeses like mozzarella, mascarpone, and burrata enhance each fruit on this board. The soft and spreadable mascarpone cheese is mixed with a touch of honey to add just a hint of sweetness. Burrata is sliced so everyone can enjoy the delicious cream center.
This is the perfect board to munch on for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or to entertain with. The flavors and colors are absolutely gorgeous and are super appetizing. These fresh flavors are what summer is made of!
Summer melon and cheese board ingredients
- Melons– Watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew adds a blast of color and fun flavors to this board.
- Fresh berries– Strawberries add a different color and a tart sweetness that meshes beautifully with each cheese. Blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries would be great additions to this board.
- Cheese- Mascarpone, mozzarella, and burrata cheese are all classic Italian cheese that are mellow flavors and go well with sweet or salty tastes.
- Fresh herbs– Basil, oregano, mint, and parsley are summertime herbs that will add loads of flavor to the board.
- Toast crackers
- Slice the melons into fun shapes. To make this dish even more fun, use small cookie cutters to cut the melons into different shapes to fit the occasion. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to create small circular bites. Cut the melon into thin, small wedges for easy hand held bites.
- Use ripe fruits. Buy the melons a few days in advance to allow them to ripen on the counter so they have the perfect texture and sweetness.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the cantaloupe. Prosciutto compliments the sweetness in the cantaloupe and tastes delicious together!
- Slice the cheese carefully. Burrata cheese is filled with cream, so slice the cheese with a sharp knife carefully. If the center is super creamy and messy, plate this cheese in a separate bowl on the side.
How to make an Italian melon and cheese board
- Prepare the ingredients. Slice the melons into two different shapes to keep this dish fun and beautiful. Wash the fresh herbs and berries and slice them how you’d like. Scoop out about 10 scoops of each melon using a tablespoon and combine it in a small bowl. Add the mozzarella balls to the melon balls and stir, then plate. Wrap the prosciutto around a few wedges of canteloupe and place it on the serving platter.
- Plate the ingredients. Grab a large serving platter and plate the ingredients in small groups in different sections of the board so each ingredient is accessible. Serve cold. Mangia!
More summertime entertaining recipes
- Summer tabouli orzo pasta salad is packed with all fresh Mediterranean seasonal produce and loads of flavor. This is a perfect light lunch or meatless dinner, and it’s delicious cold or hot!
- Vegetarian tostadas with refried beans is an easy 10 minute meal that is healthy, delicious, and filling.
- Take a trip to Mexico with this delicious pineapple peach agua fresca. This lightly sweetened and fruity drink is so refreshing and non alcoholic!
- This Italian sub salad is a delicious tossed salad that is jam packed with all the best Italian sub ingredients and drizzled with a homemade vinaigrette- without the bread!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- Cheesy Baked Tortellini with Chicken Gratinati
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Soft Pretzels
- Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
- 2 Ingredient Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Crispy Chicken In White Wine Pan Sauce
Italian Summer Melon and Cheese Board
Italian Summer Melon and Cheese Board is the perfect lunch for those hot days! Juicy melons and mozzarella, burrata, and mascarpone cheese makes this board irresistible!
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 cup arugula
- 6 oz procuitto
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 6 oz marinated mozzarella balls
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp honey
- toast crackers
Prepare the fruits. Slice the melons into thin, small wedges and place on the serving platter Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop little balls of melon, then toss with the marinated mozzarella balls. Place the melon and mozzarella balls on the serving platter. Slice the strawberries in half and chop the fresh herbs if needed. Wrap the procuitto around cantaloupe and arugula.
Plate the ingredients. Place the ingredients around the board, and place the herbs in the gaps. Serve cold. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!