Honey Garlic Chicken Stir fry is an easy one-pan dish, packed with flavor! This is the perfect 30 minute meal for those busy nights.Jump to Recipe
Honey garlic chicken stir fry
Sometimes, I tend to over-complicate dinner. The wheels start spinning when my three kids start inquiring what’s for dinner. I am all about those easy 30 minute meals that are packed with flavor and nutrients.
These honey garlic chicken bites with fresh asparagus and mushrooms are every bit satisfying and so flavorful! It’s easy to assemble, quick to cook, and so healthy!
The lemon and garlic are sweetened with raw, local honey and really bring all the flavors of the dish together. You can eat this delicious meal as is, or plate it over a bed of quinoa or rice.
Simple, healthy ingredients
- Chicken breasts– To make this recipe even easier, opt for chicken tenders. They are precut to thinner slices than chicken breasts, so you just have to slice them to small bite-size pieces.
- Soy sauce– This recipe does not include salt because the soy sauce is so flavorful!
- Honey– Use local, raw honey to really reap the benefits of honey!
- Lemon juice– Add a little acid to the dish with just a squeeze of lemon.
- Garlic– Two cloves of garlic adds the perfect amount of flavor.
- Asparagus– Look for spears that are small/medium in size.
- Mushrooms– Presliced baby bella mushrooms are perfect for this recipe!
- Sesame seed oil– Add an extra layer of flavor by sautéing the ingredients in sesame seed oil.
- Cut the chicken into small 1 inch bites. Make sure the pieces are uniform in size so they cook evenly and within the same amount of time.
- Cut the bottoms off the asparagus. The bottom 2 inches of the asparagus or fibrous and woody. Cut the bottoms off and discard.
- Use presliced mushrooms. Save time and opt for presliced mushrooms!
- Use a cast iron pan. Cast iron pans heat evenly and quickly, ensuring this meal is cooked to perfection!
How to make this dish
- Heat the sesame seed oil in a pan. Grab a medium sized pan that can hold all the ingredients without overcrowding. Heat the sesame seed oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Mis en place. Grab all your ingredients and head to your counter for prep work. Cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces, discarding the bottom 2 inches. Finely chop the garlic, halve the lemon, and cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Measure out the honey and soy sauce.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, and garlic. Toss the chicken in the liquids to evenly coat the chunks.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms to the pan. Since mushrooms and asparagus only take 3-5 minutes to soften, add these ingredients last.
- Add rice, quinoa, or barley. Make this stir fry a delicious meal by adding your favorite rice, quinoa, barley, or any other grain.
What to serve with honey garlic chicken stir fry
- Pan roasted broccoli with garlic is a healthy and delicious addition to this dish!
- Rosemary garlic dinner rolls are made easily in a cast iron pan and are so fluffy!
- Easy stove top parmesan creamed corn is made in one pot and in minimal time!
- Beer and bacon brussels sprouts is an easy cast iron pan that is packed with flavor!
- White wine and lemon roasted artichokes are tender, juicy, and delicious when dipped in butter!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- Chorizo and Shrimp Quesadillas with Margarita Guacamole
- Vegetable Stir Fry
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Skillet
- Loaded Vegetable Fajita Bowl
- Autumn Harvest Sangria
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir fry is an easy one-pan dish, packed with flavor! This is the perfect 30 minute meal for those busy nights.
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 lb asparagus bottom 2 inches discarded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup presliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
Heat the sesame seed oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Allow the oil to heat up in the pan.
Prepare the ingredients. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Cut the bottom 2 inches off the asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Finely chop the garlic and halve the lemon.
Sear the chicken. Allow the chicken to cook on each side for 1-2 minutes.
Combine the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and garlic. Add the mixture to the chicken in the pan and stir to evenly coat.
Add the mushrooms and asparagus. Allow the mushrooms and asparagus to cook for 3-5 minutes.
Serve. Rice, quinoa, or barley is a perfect addition to this dish! Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!