Parmesan Creamed corn is tasty and easy twist on your holiday favorite! This 10 minute stove top recipe is an effortless side dish with unbeatable flavor!Jump to Recipe
Easy Creamed Corn with Parmesan
Where has this recipe been all my Thanksgivings?! Even though I’m writing this around Thanksgiving, I’m already planning on this corn dish gracing my table for Easter, too! Creamy and cheesy corn to accompany a honey glazed ham? Ah, duh!
Okay, picture it with me. I’m in my galley style kitchen, dancing around my three kids, throwing a mock Thanksgiving meal. The kids are screeching like pterodactyls while I try my best to concentrate on developing a flow in the kitchen so everything is timed perfectly.
Then it hits me- creamed corn on the stove top! The solution to a quick dish that is quite the side dish!
This way, I have my bacon wrapped turkey, parmesan potato au gratin and green beans all cooking in the oven at the same time and temperature. On the stove top, I have my creamed corn, glazed carrots, and a fresh cranberry sauce. Easy, and there is no fighting over which recipe takes cooking priority!
Stove Top Creamed Corn
Ingredients for Parmesan Creamed Corn
- Canned organic corn
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
Tips to make garlic parmesan corn
- Use organic corn. Long and short of it, the highly controversial debate of GMOs is enough for me to pay a few extra sense for a peace of mind and an organic product that has more strict standards of growing.
- Use buttermilk if you want to tone down the sweetness of the corn. Whatever milk you have on hand will work- almond milk, buttermilk, half and half… it’ll all work!
- Salt the corn last. This dish may have enough flavor to do without the salt. Go ahead and grab a bite before you make that call.
Garlic Parmesan Corn
How to store creamed corn?
You can store creamed corn in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
For prolonged preservation, you can freeze it in a glass, airtight dish.
How to make creamed corn ahead of time
If you plan on making this and transporting it or eating it later, simply refrigerate and heat in the microwave later. You can heat over the stove top or in the oven as well.
Creamed Corn with Parmesan Recipe
How to make creamy parmesan canned corn
- Drain the corn and add it to a medium sized pot. Put the pot over medium low heat.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, parmesan cheese, salt and garlic to the corn. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and blend with the corn. Stir occasionally so the cheese does not burn. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Easy Canned Creamed Corn Recipe
What goes with creamed corn
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Southern Low Country Boil With Cajun Lemon Butter
- Maple and Pecan Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Italian Stuffed Whole Pompano
- Healthy Fresh Strawberry Soufflé
- Pancake Breakfast Board
Home Made Creamed Corn
Easy Stove Top Creamed Corn
Parmesan Creamed corn is tasty and easy twist on your holiday favorite! This 10 minute stove top recipe is an effortless side dish with unbeatable flavor!
- 2 15 oz organic canned corn
- 2 TBS cream cheese
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Drain the cans of corn and place the corn in a medium sized pot. Place the pot over medium heat.
If the parmesan cheese is shredded, place in a blender to finely grate it. Add the cream cheese, butter, parmesan cheese and garlic powder to the pot and stir.
Let the corn cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally as to not let the cheese burn. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Managia!