A twist on this gourmet comfort food…
My wonderful friend surprised me with a couple pounds of fresh oyster mushrooms. She was so excited to link me up with a fellow Pensacolian and owner of Gracie’s Culinary Gardens & Bakery. Give them a like on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/GraciesCulinaryGardens/
I can’t lie… I have been snacking on these mushrooms for a solid day, contemplating how I will use the rest, if they last that long. They were absolutely delicious and I totally look forward to encorporating more local mushrooms into my dishes!
Prep time:20 min
Cook time:15 min
There is no butter that compares to Kerrygold grass fed butter!
4 tbs butter
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lbs of chicken tenderloins
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of fresh oregano
1 tsp of fresh sage
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 TBS of zested FROZEN meyer lemon
1/2 lemon, sliced
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 TBS tapioca flour OR cornstrach
1 cup of oyster mushrooms, sliced into strips
Half bundle of asparagus
2 TBS capers
1 bay leaf
1. Heat 3 TBS of butter on medium heat in a cast iron pan.
2. Mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken tenderloins in flour, shaking excess flour off.
3. Put the chicken in the cast iron, making sure not to move the chicken once it has hit the pan. Let cook on each side for 4-5 minutes, or until there is a browned crust on the chicken and it is cooked through. Work in two batches if pan is not large enough. Remove chicken from pan and let rest on a plate.
4. Add remaining butter into pan, and add garlic. Lower the heat to medium low. Add all the fresh herbs and lemon slices. Mix the pan, and add chicken stock.
5. Take roughly 1/4 cup of chicken stock out of pan, and add 2 TBS of tapioca flour to it, creating a slurry. Add back to pan, mixing until incorporated. Add bay leaf.
6. Add asparagus, capers, and mushrooms, simmering for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove from heat and add chicken to the pan. Serve it up!