Cheesy bacon, egg, and potato skillet is the perfect way to wake up! With one pan, this can be ready in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Cheesy Breakfast Skillet with Eggs, Bacon, and Potatoes
Guys! I have no clue what is going on, but my kids (looking at you, Cortland) have been waking up at 5:30 A.M. or earlier. It’s simply exhausting. I am not ready to take on the world at such an hour!
Don’t even think for one second that these little minions don’t start demanding breakfast the second they open their sweet little eyes. Like where do they put it all?! They go for multiple rounds of breakfast, including fruits, proteins, and everything in between.
This cheesy potato skillet with a simple breakfast I threw together to satisfy their hunger and their need for a variety on their plate.
First, the bacon is cooked to crunchy perfection (I prefer my bacon nearly burnt), then the potatoes are pan seared in the bacon grease. Next, you scoot over the potatoes and crack the eggs right there in the pan. Top with your favorite cheddar cheese, and BAM you have yourself an easy breakfast skillet.
Potato, bacon and egg skillet
Ingredients for Cheesy Potato Breakfast Skillet:
- russet potatoes
- salt & pepper
Tips to make Cheesy Potato and Egg Skillet
- Leave the bacon grease in the pan. This will be used to pan roast the potatoes!
- Chop to potatoes into smaller bite sized pieces. This will help them roast faster and more evenly.
- Crack the eggs carefully! Try not to break the yolk by breaking the shell carefully and close to the pan.
- Use salt last. The bacon adds salt, so plate the skillet breakfast first, then add salt if needed.
How to make Potato and Egg Breakfast Skillet
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron pan. Place the bacon on the pan while it’s still cold, then turn the stove on. This helps prevent shrinking. To help the bacon cook quicker, cut it in half. Remove the bacon and set to the side.
- Chop the potatoes, then roast ’em! Roast them real good.. something like “yo’ mama such a couch potato, they call her Lays!” But after you’re done with the brutal insults, go ahead and toss the chopped potatoes into the pan, and brown them on all sides.
- Scoot the potatoes over and make way for the eggs. Crack the eggs carefully in the pan so you don’t break the yolk. Fry them up nice and easy!
- Serve with a sprinkle of paprika. A little added flavor goes a long way!
- Sprinkle with cheese. My favorite is a sharp cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese… or both!
More easy breakfast ideas
More Backyard Bohemian Classics
- Antipasto Quinoa Salad
- White Wine Vinaigrette
- Baked Honey Sriracha Salmon
- Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
- Valentine’s Day Aphrodisiac Recipes
Cheesy Egg Breakfast Skillet
Cheesy Bacon, Egg and Potato Breakfast Skillet
Cheesy bacon, egg, and potato skillet is the perfect way to wake up! With one pan, this can be ready in under 30 minutes!
- 5 slices of bacon
- 5 eggs
- 3 russet potatoes chopped to bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- pinch of salt and paprika
Place 5 slices of bacon in a cold cast iron pan. Place over medium heat and cook the bacon until it is done Set the bacon aside on a plate, but keep the grease in the pan.
Add bite sized pieces of potatoes to the pan, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning the potatoes on all sides so they brown evenly.
Move the potato so it creates a gap large enough to crack the egg in. Carefully crack the egg as to not break the yolk. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Crumble bacon and toss in the pan. Sprinkle cheese over the pan, then a dash of salt and paprika. Mangia!