This isn’t just a warm bowl of soup, it’s a heart warming memory for me. My Great Grandma Lee always treated me to a piping hot bowl of happiness every time I came over. It’s like she had an endless supply. I absolutely loved the tortellinis, the way the parm cheese would melt to the bottom of the bowl. My grandma Lee would take a seat across from me and patiently wait until I was ready for my next bowl. She sure was a first class woman of her era. She was ready to serve her family at any time. She is so dearly missed. Her memory is alive, especially during the holidays when we get the soup going. I hope this soup brings your family as much warmth as it has given mine!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 32 oz cans of chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons of “Better Than Bouillon”
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tbs butter
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, round cut
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- handful of fresh oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Shred whole chicken, and put meat aside. Begin prepping the onion and garlic.
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. While it heats up, begin prepping the carrots and celery.
- Add onion and garlic to the stockpot and allow it to get fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add celery and carrots, and continue to saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add all the chicken broth to the pot, and stir in the garlic and onion powder. Add the “Better Than Bouillon.”
- Add the shredded chicken, bay leaves, and fresh oregano. Add salt to flavor. Cover and let simmer for 20-30 min. Enjoy!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!