These gluten-free banana oatmeal breakfast bars are drizzled with a delicious maple cream cheese frosting. These are the perfect on the go breakfast!
Banana breakfast bars
School is in full swing here and the busy morning hustle can make my head spin! I need easy, quick, healthy breakfasts that I can keep my kiddies, bonus points if it’s an on the go kind of meal!
These banana oatmeal bars are perfect for those crazy mornings that you need something filling and healthy, but also quick and easy. Slice them, grab them, and out the door you go!
These bars are made with simple ingredients like ripe bananas, eggs, brown sugar, and oatmeal. The oatmeal is also blended in a blender to create oat flour which is used instead of all purpose flour, making these gluten free!
Maple cream cheese frosting drizzled over these banana oatmeal bars is the icing on the cake- literally. The creaminess of the maple cream cheese adds the perfect contrast to the breakfast bars.
These bars are the perfect blend between a moist banana bread and a blondie. They are moist, chewy, and sweet, just like you! Aww.
Banana oatmeal breakfast bar ingredients
- Rolled oats– I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free, quick-cooking rolled oats. The oats are divided in two bowls. Some of the oats are added to a blender and blended until it becomes oat flour, which makes these breakfast bars gluten-free!
- Eggs– Room temperature eggs result in a fluffier product, so set the eggs on the counter for 20 minutes before you make these if you have the time!
- Sugar– These breakfast bars use brown sugar (dark brown sugar if you like the deeper molasses flavor) and confectioner’s sugar for the maple cream cheese frosting.
- Oil– You can use coconut oil. vegetable oil, or canola oil for this recipe.
- Cream cheese- Room temperature cream cheese is whipped with the maple syrup and confectioner’s sugar to make the frosting.
- Maple syrup– Opt for a good quality maple syrup like a grade A or grade B 100% maple syrup.
Use room temperature ingredients
Room temperature eggs and cream cheese creates a fluffier texture. Place the cream cheese and the eggs on the kitchen counter while you pull all the ingredients out so they have time to warm up.
Make the oat flour
Oat flour is so easy to make! It’s healthy because it’s packed with protein and nutrients like iron and magnesium. Place the oats in a blender and blend until the oats become a soft and powdery flour.
The leftover oat flour can be stored in an airtight container and place it in the pantry for up to 3 months.
How to make soft-baked banana oatmeal bars
- Make the oat flour. Place the oats in the blender and blend them until it becomes a soft and powdery flour.
- Combine the ingredients. Mash the bananas in a large bowl until there are no large chunks. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract, and the oil. Add the oat flour, oats, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Use a spatula to mix until it is just combined.
- Bake the banana oatmeal breakfast bars. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X 9 glass dish with butter or oil and pour the banana oatmeal bars batter into it. Bake the bars for 30 minutes.
- Make the maple cream cheese frosting. Whisk the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup together until it’s fluffy.
- Serve. Place the maple cream cheese frosting in a piping bag and drizzle it over the banana oatmeal breakfast bars. Cut the bars into small squares and serve. Mangia!
More on the go breakfast ideas
- These Loaded Breakfast Burritos made with flour tortillas have crispy bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh kale and spinach, and melted cheddar cheese, all rolled into one warm burrito. These are so worth climbing out of bed for!
- Turkey and Egg Breakfast Muffins are the perfect grab and go breakfast! They are packed with protein and nutrition needed to get through the morning.
- Smoked salmon with cream cheese on perfectly toasted bagels is a satisfyingly delicious breakfast! Topped with a special cucumber sauce, these lox and bagels are packed with flavor!
- Mini Blueberry pancake bites are made with creamy buttermilk for an extra fluffy texture. A refined sugar-free lemon drizzle adds the perfect zing to this delicious breakfast!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- Cheesy Baked Tortellini with Chicken Gratinati
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Soft Pretzels
- Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
- 2 Ingredient Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Crispy Chicken In White Wine Pan Sauce
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
These gluten free banana oatmeal breakfast bars are drizzled with a delicious maple cream cheese frosting. These are the perfect on the go breakfast!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil see notes for other oils to use
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour see notes to make it yourself
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp 100% maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl using a fork until there are no large chunks. Whisk the eggs with the smashed bananas, then add the oil and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to mix in the rolled oats, oat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir until the mixture is just combined.
Bake the banana bars. Grease a 9 X 9 baking dish with oil or butter on all sides. Pour the banana bar batter into the dish and place it in the oven on the middle rack. Bake the breakfast bars for 30 minutes. Remove them from the heat and allow them to cool to room temperature before glazing and slicing them.
Make the maple cream cheese frosting. Combine the room temperature cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until the texture is fluffy and smooth. Place the frosting in a piping bag and drizzle over the breakfast bars. Slice the breakfast bars into 12 equal portions and serve. Mangia!
GRAB OUR PERFECT PANTRY CHECKLIST
No more asking your spouse what's for dinner! Grab our Perfect Pantry Checklist + 12 bonus recipes right now!