Caprese stuffed avocados are loaded with mozzarella pearls, fresh tomatoes, and basil. The balsamic drizzle brings all the delicious ingredients together for a nice and easy snack!Jump to Recipe
Easy caprese stuffed avocados
As an Italian, there are a few staples I always have on hand. I always have some fresh basil growing in my garden, some heirloom tomatoes, and I always keep a fresh pack of mozzarella pearls in the fridge.
These caprese stuffed avocados were the perfect lunch and snack because they took 5 minutes to make and even quicker to devour. Avocados are packed with beneficial and nutritious fats, so it was not only healthy, but satisfying and held my appetite until dinner!
This recipe is as simple as tossing a few fresh ingredients together and plating them inside a perfectly ripened avocado half! Next, you can drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and top with a bit of olive oil for an authentic caprese flavor.
Caprese stuffed avocado ingredients
- Ripe avocados
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Mozzarella pearls
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Have an unripened avocado? No problem! Place the avocado in a paper bag with a banana or two. Place the bag in a dark place over night, or longer if the avocado is super firm. The gas from the banana will speed up the ripening process.
- Hollow out the avocado for a bigger “bowl”. Once you remove the avocado pit, you can scoop out a little more around the pit divet to create a large bowl where you will place the caprese.
- Switch up the vinegar. You can use fun vinegar like raspberry vinegar, or any kind of specialty vinegar you would like. A premade balsamic glaze is a delicious choice, as well!
How to make a caprese stufed avocado
- Slice the avocado in half. Remove the pit of the avocado with a knife. Scoop out a little more of the avocado where the pit was to create a larger “bowl” for the caprese stuffing. Slice the avocado to it’s easier to scoop out when eating.
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella pearls, basil, and tomatoes. Place the mixture inside the avocados.
- Drizzle the stuffed avocados with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve and enjoy. Mangia!
More avocado recipes
- Mexican tostada breakfast board is packed chorizo sausage, refried beans, cheese, and more delicious fixings. This is the breakfast of champions!
- Vegetarian tostadas with refried beans is an easy 10 minute meal that is healthy, delicious, and filling.
- Southern fried green tomato BLT sandwiches with cajun remoulade sauce kicks this traditional dish up a notch! Rich yet fresh, this sandwich will win your heart over with it’s many layers of flavors!
- Lox and bagels is an easy no cook breakfast or brunch platter that is packed full of all the good stuff! With two flavors of cream cheese and lots of fixings, the possibilities are endless!
More Backyard Bohemian classics
- Fluffy Cannoli Stuffed Pancakes
- Crab Stuffed Manicotti with Alfredo Sauce
- Grilled Italian Sausage and Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas
- Roasted Italian Vegetables with Parmesan Polenta
5 Minute Caprese Stuffed Avocados
Caprese stuffed avocados are loaded with mozzarella pearls, fresh tomatoes, and basil. The balsamic drizzle brings all the delicious ingredients together for a nice and easy snack!
- 2 ripe avocados halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Prepare the avocados. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out a little of the avocado around where the pit was removed to make the "bowl" larger.
Stuff the avocados. Combine the mozzarella pearls, tomatoes, and basil in a small bowl and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the avocados. Drizzle with the balsamic and olive oil. Serve and enjoy. Mangia!